Thursday, April 15, 2010

a letter to my cable company about the environment and the future

Peace

To whom it may concern at Charter Communications:

I am a current customer (begrudgingly, but you're debatably the best option available to me in my area) contacting you not to complain or suggest, just to find out more about your practices in regards to the environment. I am curious what kind of material the cable you've spent the better part of two decades laying across the country as your cable infrastructure is made of, what kind of chemicals and pollution could be released in its creation, in its lifetime above and underground, as well as disposal? What kind of environmental cost has been paid for laying this infrastructure, and what kind will be paid in the future? In regards to your fleet vehicles and subcontractors, is anything being done to reduce, regulate or otherwise control their emissions or gas mileage?

Charter offers many services, and though the company may be going through some tough financial times, I am very curious about your practices and policies towards the environment and building a more sustainable future for your future customers.

I have had a difficult time finding an address to send this email to, if this is not the proper place to be sending such a request I would request that you in-turn pass this letter on to the proper place, inform me of where to send my request or some combination there-of.

thank you for your time,
Sam Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student @ MATC in Madison, WI. I am in the Liberal Arts Transfer Program. I plan on teaching, and on continuing my education إن شاء الله