Sunday, April 10, 2011

this is my life:

Me: I want you to marry me.
Girl of my dreams: yes.
Me: I'm going to Spain for a semester.
Girl of my dreams: that sounds incredible, see you when you get back! Have fun.
Me: Come visit.
Girl of my dreams: we'll see how it works out.
Me: I went to Morocco!
Girl of my dreams: I love you so much.
Me: so when do you want to come visit?
Girl of my dreams: I'm sorry, it's over.
Me: what changed since yesterday?
Girl of my dreams: (after a three week silence) I need to take risks. Don't wait for me.

the story since then takes three forms:
Me: hello.
A girl I might be interested in: I have a boyfriend.
Me: great, so does that mean you're telling me this to get me to back down or because you want to see how far I'll go for you? Because all I did was say hello, and attempt to engage you in intelligent conversation. I haven't even complimented you, yet.

Me: hello.
A girl I might be interested in: I want to find a hot spanish guy to fuck the shit out of me.
Me: well, good luck with that.

Me: hello.
A girl I might be interested in: I like to read.
Me: me too! I'm a fairly prolific reader, I like non-fiction and satire, I also really enjoy some historical fiction. What kind of books do you like?
A girl I might be interested in: well I just finished Dan Brown's new book, and I love Twilight!
Me: umm, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student @ MATC in Madison, WI. I am in the Liberal Arts Transfer Program. I plan on teaching, and on continuing my education إن شاء الله