Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Above all else...

I don't want to get rich at another's expense, or the world's - tar sands, Nigerian oil

If I get rich, I want it to be because I added something, not because I took it away.

I don't want to live the dreams of my parents - work-a-day-world, living for the weekend, push 'til retirement

I want to live now, in dreams wilder than they ever imagined.

I don't want education to kill my dreams, or the dreams of children and young adults - brainwashing, thoughtless, blanding

I want educators who are still learning from the children they teach.

I don't want professional politicians running my country - plutocracy, cronyism, public/private flip-flops

I want passionate civilians willing to sacrifice their time to the populace and transparency.

I don't want the world as it is - disconnected, disproportionate, dying

I want a world where what I want is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a student @ MATC in Madison, WI. I am in the Liberal Arts Transfer Program. I plan on teaching, and on continuing my education إن شاء الله