Thursday, June 18, 2009

early morning puppy poop patrol

I woke up to the least fantastic sight of the week: plenty of poo in my doggie's kennel. Boo Uhura, boo. This is a first. In three weeks she has not pooped in her kennel for an unexcusable reason (she poohed in it when we left her with a strange lady - her vet - over night last weekend, but she was super stressed, and I wasn't there so I forgive her) until this morning/last night.

I'm going to be perfectly honest, I don't know what to do.

I cleaned it off the kennel itself. I hand washed her blanket and pillow, followed by machine wash (where they are now), and I shortened up her kennel space from all of it to just over half. I took her outside where she pooped and pee'd again and I have to give her a bath at some point. If she'd ever stop whining I'd take her out of the kennel again (I don't let her out when she's being vocal about wanting her freedom).

=(

I want to have fun with her and take her for a walk, but I don't want her to have any sort of reward associated with crappin the kennel. I love this little puppy and even though I'm not so pleased with her antics, I understand that she is a natural creature with needs and bowels and that this is probably my fault. When she makes her mess inside I feel like I failed her.

1 comment:

  1. ps, she made it up to me by learning how to fetch. she rules.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a student @ MATC in Madison, WI. I am in the Liberal Arts Transfer Program. I plan on teaching, and on continuing my education إن شاء الله